5 April 2013

Meet George

George is a Monkey.

He is my eldest daughters comfort toy. She chose him as her 1st birthday present and he has been her constant companion ever since.

We both decided that George will need to retire soon. He's missing one ear and the other one is chewed his seams are coming undone and well to put it nicely he is looking rather dishevelled.
Radha has decided that she wants to put him up in her keepsake box along with her other 'valuables' First shoes, 1st tooth, 1st haircut...we don't want him to fall apart completely, so up he will go when she turns 7.

I decided to do a sketch and watercolour of him to frame for her room, so she will still be able to see him every day.

George is so handsome in his Top hat and Bow tie

As I watched George Clooney at the Oscars, looking very handsome in his suit and bow tie I thought "Our George is just like George Clooney, a dapper gentleman who's a little bit cheeky" I always pictured him in a Top hat and Bow tie, so he got them.

Radha would love another George but this time she thinks she will get a pink Monkey and call 'her' Georgina Rosy. He he I love the way kids think don't you?!

I'm very fond of George myself. I think he represents my daughter very well.
George is long and thin with long skinny arms and legs, he is cute, blonde and a little scruffy with a cheeky little smile.

I chose him as part of my Blog name because he also represents one part of my interiors style well too. Classic, timeless, casual sophistication with a sense of humour.

We're both looking forward to putting him up on her bedroom wall.

Love Jade xx
and Radha and George

21 comments: