18 April 2013

Pink and Yellow Colour Crush Reveal

Its my eldest daughters 7th Birthday today and if you've been following you will know that today is the day she is "Retiring" George and we also decided to surprise her with a room reveal of her very own when she got home from school this afternoon.

This was her reaction...


Before breaking into dance....


and then realising she had a huge jar of Rhubarb and Custard Bonbons sitting on the table beside her bed...


and this is what she was looking at...


Please excuse the crumpled quilt cover and pillow cases my iron was no match for those creases. I want to find or make one more yellow throw cushion for her bed.


I was originally going to go with a more fuchsia pink, however the samples I did were only pretty in certain light and this one was pretty in every light. It's called Sweet Caress by British Paints and it's oh so girly.


I've pinned a lot of these wood panel and barn wood headboards on my Pinterest account so I decided to have a go at making one... well my husband made it to my specifications because he doesn't trust me with a jigsaw. I'm really happy with the way it turned out, you can just make out the yellow I painted on the edges (I'll need to post a better photo of that detail at some point). It kinda equates to my contrast piping obsession I have at the moment don't you think?


I really love the soft texture of the Bamileke Juju hat but as I don't think I would be able to explain spending between $200 - $400 on a hat you hang on the wall to my husband, I thought I'd have a go at making a feathery artwork myself approximately $25 later my daughter now has this lovely piece hanging above her bed.


I want to paint her bedside table but I'm still not sure whether to paint it yellow, white or pink. I saw an image somewhere that had a pink table in front of a pink wall and it looked amazing but the yellow would be a great statement against the pink wall and white is timeless and well.... I do tend to want to change things up a fair bit.
So please let me know your opinions on what colour I should paint her bedside table.

My sister made up her Yellow and White Chevron Birthday print for her, and I've had that flamingo for quite some time holding her necklaces.

I haven't quite finished her room yet as you may have noticed from the mess behind her when she was dancing. I have her desk out on the entertainment area ready to prep for painting and a few little bits and pieces to find but it's certainly on it's way.

Finally my Pink and Yellow Colour Crush and my little Flamingo obsession is being satisfied and I'm extremely grateful that my daughter love love loves her new room.

Love Jade xx



12 comments: